5 ways to inspire yourself and others
It is very easy to fall into darkness. Imagine yourself walking through the woods, and suddenly you fall into a deep hole, within seconds you reach the bottom. Now you have two choices, the first which is the easiest is to lay at the bottom for the rest of your life and then die or the second choice which is harder is figuring out how to get out and go back to living life. You need to literally climb your way to happiness.
In life, there are many fall pits, so many that they keep you so down that you suddenly fall into depression. And when you are in this state, you start to notice how people you once surrounded yourself with start to disappear. It is difficult but it is human nature. We like to surround ourselves with people who lift and inspire us. Our energy truly does make a difference in the world.
So what can we do when we find ourselves lost in the darkness? We find the light. We all have light within us. We might not physically see it but we can sense each other's light. Your personality, your values, your attitude, your aura is your light. Your light is needed in darkness whether it be your own darkness or someone else's, your light is always needed.
Here are 5 tips to use your light to inspire others and most importantly yourself.
1) Find the root of your light. What is your passion? Your dreams? Your life goals? These things are the root of what lights your soul. Sit down and write them. Once you write them down, read your list every day. When you wake up and go to sleep, read it out loud and visualize your goals. Share the list with those whom you trust, and love. And encourage your loved ones to do the same.
2) Listen. Everyday listen to something motivational - a song, a lecture. Anything that motivates you to get one step closer to your dreams. Share what you listen to with your friends. But don't stop there, reach out to your family and friends and ask how they are. Listen to them and truly care. Sometimes someone just needs an ear to listen to them vent be that ear; because one of these days you want someone to be there listening to you.
3) Words. Inspirational quotes are the best. Every day at Karama's Instagram @karamaco , we like to share inspirational quotes. Make sure you read something inspiring and share it. Maybe send a text every once in while to a friend of your favorite quote.
4) Smile. No matter how tough it gets - smile. Look at yourself in the mirror and smile. This actually tricks your mind into thinking you are happy. You will slowly feel the endorphins emerging. Share that smile with a stranger, but don't be creepy about it. Make sure it is genuine.
5) Reward yourself. Whenever you achieved a goal, reward yourself. Doesn't have to be extravagant but something small like a bouquet of flowers or a new shirt. Every time you reward yourself, give something to someone. If you buy yourself a new shirt then why not give away your old shirts to charity. Giving is the best gift.
Remember every day, your light is needed in this world.